As the cost of LED screens comes down a lot more people are installing them in reception areas etc. as replacements for noticeboards. They look smarter and allow for more accurate and engaging information to be displayed.
So, you’ve purchased a simple screen (with no in-built digital signage software – which would have increased the cost) and you’ve connected it to the old PC left under a desk no one was using. How do you display information on the screen? Most people will usually just display a PowerPoint presentation as this is something they know BUT you could do so much more!
In one of the Schools I work with I’ve been trying out a FREE solution to display their information.
How it works
- Background Object – single image always displayed
- Title Object – single image always displayed
- Left Side Object – single static text box always displayed
- Right Side Object – presentation(s) – this allows simpler editing for distributed staff (I’ll explain later)
- Clock Object – Displays date and time
- Ticker Tape Object – Allows scrolling text across the screen